Viral adventures...

So Drew had been sick for a week, with no real signs of improvement.   I finally told him that if he didn’t call his doctor, I’d physically drag him to urgent care.

He called his doctor Friday.  The doctor told him, “Go to the ER.”

So we drove over to Good Samaritan.  Our suburban hospital is not nearly as crazy as hospitals in the city, but the changes due to the pandemic ... the triage nurse is gowned and masked, and she sits at a table at the entrance to the ER.  There’s a huge sign that says “no visitors”.  They mean it, too.

Drew signed some paperwork and was directed to the waiting room. I was handed a business card and was told to call the ER in about an hour to get Drew’s status.

So I spent the next hour and a half sitting in my car and listening to the rain.  Thankfully Drew was discharged, not admitted to the hospital.

The verdict?  He probably has the virus, but he won’t know until Wednesday.  He was given a prescription for a nebulizer/albuterol.  And the doctor says he’ll probably be sick/ fatigued for the next 2-3 weeks.

Sigh ...


Comments

  1. Oh no! This is one of my biggest fears. How are you doing? I know the worry can be so draining. Please know I am praying for you both! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. This virus is scary. But we will be ok, I think.

      Delete
  2. Scary, scary, scary!! Hope you are both OK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad he finally got some medical attention for this. He's home, which is good news. I'll be thinking of you. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes. I hope Drew's OK. From those who've had it and have been talking about it on Twitter (let me know if you want to follow them), it's miserable for a long time. You get better for a day, and then the next day you're worse. But then you do start to get better, and better. It just hangs on forever.

    Take care. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad he didn't need admitting. Things sure have changed at hospital and thankful so far neither one of my clients need to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin,

    WOW, I hope the verdict the doctor gave him is the worse he experiences from the virus if that's what he has. Saying extra prayers that whatever he has goes away fast. Was he running a temp? Stay healthy and well, darlin'!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday