More tales from the commuter front

I was up before my alarm this morning, got to the train station long before my train was due to leave, got a great parking spot.  And realized that my train ticket, subway fare card, and company ID were not in my bag.  Had to go home and get them, wound up on a later train.

And there's construction going on at Penn Station again.  they're widening the main corridor and creating a new entrance. It will be great when it's done, but until then...

they're also working on tunnels which will allow the LIRR to send trains to Grand Central station, and tunnels to allow Metro North to send trains to Penn.  So I expect we may see train delays.

But the good news is...Theresa is back inside the subway station.  Apparently there was a meeting of some sort...she's allowed to distribute papers, but she has to stay in the transit authority's part of the tunnel.

Comments

  1. Sucks when you forget the thing you need and have to go back. Glad Theresa managed to figure out a way to be indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy Theresa won that small victory. Incidentally, some one told me there's some kind of construction that has impacted buses going in and out of the Port Authority, causing major delays. Tell me it ain't so because I was thinking of perhaps coming down for the July Manhattanhenge...although my job may put the kibash on that. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t heard about Port Authority, I’ll check it out for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A