Another this and that

So the big news of the week...My poor daughter Becca.  Yesterday she fainted in the shower, fell and hit her head. Gave herself a concussion.   She took herself to the ER.   AND DIDN'T CALL ME!  I found out what happened from her Instagram.  She told me she’s ok and that I shouldn’t worry.  I told her I’ve been worrying about her since 1992, I can’t stop now ...

Switching gears here ...

I’ve been a bit preoccupied with Billy Joel these last few weeks.  But it’s not just his music.  Over the past few years he’s taken to wearing a Star of David pinned to his lapel, similar to the stars that Jews were compelled to wear in countries under Nazi occupation.  Joel’s father was a Holocaust survivor, and Joel started wearing the Star after the Nazis  marched through Charlottesville a couple of years ago.  First time I’ve ever seen him make a political statement.

I’m looking forward to Thursday.  There’s going to be a luncheon at the office to celebrate my work anniversary.  As of this month I have been with my current employer 5 years.  Two of my coworkers will be honored as well — all three of us were hired at the same time.

I’ve mentioned before that there are many TV shows that film in lower Manhattan.  I was intrigued by the trailers and camera equipment, etc.  Until Friday, that is, when a show did a major shoot in the neighborhood, and parked trailers all over the neighborhood.  Major inconvenience.  I think I’ve had enough of show business for awhile.


But I do get to see some interesting things ...


The guy I saw on the subway last week.  Major fashion fail.  Guy was in his late 30’s or early 40’s, average height/weight, fairly attractive.  He was clearly on his way to work.  He was wearing casual shorts, similar to these:



Casual tan shorts like these, paired with a black t-shirt.  Over the t-shirt he wore the vest and jacket of a tan three piece suit.  He had brown dress Oxfords on his feet, with no-show black socks.  And he was carrying a briefcase.  It was ... interesting...

Comments

  1. That sounds like something someone would wear if they were going to be on camera, but only from the waist up. Was it hot that day?

    Glad to hear Becca is fine. Scary. I hope whatever made her faint was a passing thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the good news for me is that my son gave up social media years ago - I could definitely see him not telling me he had gone to the ER. Well, when my husband went to the ER last week I texted my son - I never would have announced it on Instagram although I did take a picture of him the 2nd night he was in the hospital. Anyway, that's scary and I hope she is OK. A tub is a terrible place to fall in. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday