Izumi

Izumi Sushi and Hibachi Steakhouse Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

I love Japanese food.  I especially love watching a teppanyaki chef work his magic.  I had high expectations for Izumi.

The restaurant is located in a shopping center, with ample parking.

As you enter the restaurant you are greeted by a life sized statue of Buddha.  The decor is sleek and modern, with colored lights illuminating walls and ceilings.  At the front of the restaurant you'll find a sushi bar and a number of tables; the hibachi tables are towards the back of the facility. 

We chose the hibachi tables because, as I said, I love to watch the chef work. We were seated with a large party, several of whom ordered from the sushi bar menu or the kitchen menu rather than have the chef cook their meal on the grill.

We both ordered sake sangria from the bar -- sake mixed with citrus fruits and juices, served in a mason jar.  Very enjoyable. (FYI soda comes from the bar; there are no free refills. And you have to request tea if you want it.)

He ordered scallops and lobster, I ordered steak and shrimp.

Hibachi meals include clear soup, salad, fried rice, a shrimp appetizer, and vegetables to accompany your entree.

The soup was a bit salty, the sliced mushrooms a bit rubbery.  The salad -- lettuce, cucumber and cherry tomatoes -- comes with a thick, sweet ginger dressing. 

He ordered scallops and lobster, I ordered steak and shrimp.

The shrimp appetizer consists of two shrimp.  Since my entree included shrimp, my appetizer and entree were served at the same time.  The shrimp were tasty and well prepared.  My steak, cooked to order, was tender and juicy.

The chef was personable and entertaining, the waitstaff attentive.

Definitely worth a return visit.

Comments

  1. Too bad it wasn't perfect, but it sounds like it was a nice time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday