another this and that

The hardest part of the job is the commute.  You've heard me whining before, so I think you know how I feel about the railroad. It's been a loooong week.

Tonight we're going to see a Ducks game.   I'm really enjoying this baseball stuff. It's fireworks night (again), so we have something extra to enjoy. It's a great way to relax after a hard week at work.
We have tickets to see Beautiful later this month.  It's a jukebox musical, it tells the story of Carol King's life and uses her music.  Everyone says it's a great show, and I'm excited.

I wish I'd had a chance to see Movin' Out. that was a jukebox musical using the songs of Billy Joel. It used characters he created in his song lyrics to tell a story.  Twyla tharpe did the choreography.  It ran from 2002 until 2005.  I regret that I couldn't find the time....

Yeah, Billy Joel seems to pop up a lot in this blog.  What can I say, I love the guy.

Saw an article about him on line earlier this week.   If you've seen any photos or video of Billy Joel these last few years, you may have noticed that Billy wears a yellow Star of David pinned to his lapel, a star similar to the ones Jews were forced to wear in Hitler's Europe.  He started wearing it after the Nazis marched through Charlottesville in 2017. Billy is the son of a Holocaust survivor; his father and grandparents escaped from Nazi Germany in 1939.  You can read about it in  Billy Joel & His Family vs. The Nazis.



Seen from my office window yesterday (excuse the glare from our windows):




That's the Queen Mary 2, docked in Brooklyn. In the background is the Verrazzano Bridge.The Queen Mary 2 is sailing back to Southampton as we speak.  I've never done a transatlantic cruise.  It sounds like it would be fascinating.

Comments

  1. With being prone to seasickness, not sure I would want to cruise the Atlantic but there is medicine out there for that. Why not? Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy Joel has always been into history. "We Didn't Start the Fire" was him showcasing that interest. Maybe they'll put the show on again so you can see it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday