another this and that

So dropping my iPad at the Seaport turned out to be a royal pain.  The device was too badly damaged to be repaired.  (And I had just finished paying it off!) After payment of a $150 deductible, I was entitled to a replacement device ... on back order.  Grrrr.... But it's here now, and I am not unhappy -- the replacement device is better moel than the one I damaged.

I just bought a new laptop and really didn't want to replace the  iPad, but what can you do?  I'm not going to upgrade the phone for awhile, even though I really don't like my current phone.

Jen is settling into her new home.  I haven't really started to miss her yet, because she's been back to the house for dinner several times.  And Becca has been home with me as she waits for her new apartment to become available.  I guess I won't really feel it until next month, when neither of the girls is home with me.

Becca made me laugh the other day.  We were waiting for our commuter train and I noted that there was an eastbound 7:11 train and a westbound 7:11 train.  Both are due to leave our station at the exact same time, but the west bound train is consistently late, meaning they usually pass each ohter on the track just east of our station.  She said "it sounds like an algebra problem, the kind I used to have to solve in high school."

I love that I can get a guest pass and take my daughter to Planet Fitness with me.  I've gone with Becca a few times (that will come to an end soon, she's joining a gym near her aartment) and now I'm starting to go with Jen -- my home club isn't far from Jen's new home, and it's very easy for her to meet me there.

Drew got some sad news last week.  He sent a Christmas card to an old friend, and the card came back to Drew with the notation that the friend was deceased.  It seems the guy died about 4-5 months ago, so obviously not a very close friend, but still...

Our office Christmas party was a little different this year.  In past years, the company treated us to lunch at a local restaurant.  Last year we went to one of my favorite Italian places.  This year the party was at a country club, one of the managers is a member and was able to get a good deal for us. It was a nice party, if a tad bit formal, but honestly, I think I'd rather just go to a restaurant.

It occurred to me that I haven't had a real vacation in over two years.  Drew is off this week because school is closed, so I'm going to take a few days off and hang out with him.  We can do some planning for our spring trip to Florida, we can see a few movies (so many good ones coming out this week!), and we can turn on the tv for some binge-watching.  It'll be fun. 

Comments

  1. I wish my one son and his family leave closer. He about a little less then 1,000 miles.
    Sorry to hear about the trouble with your electrians
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you two had a good time hanging out. Sorry about your iPad. At least you got a better model.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday