another this and that

The funeral of George H.W. Bush has me in a nostalgic mood, longing for a kinder, gentler policial realm,  for a President I could respect even if I disagreed with him.

Don't you hate it when you rush to the train station, thinking you have to hurry or you'll miss your train, only to find out the train is running very late?

The public service posters in the NYC Subway (reminders to stay off the tracks, for example) are in English, Spanish, Russian, two Asian langugages (probably Chinese and Korean) and...a sixth langugage that I did not recognize, but Google tells me it's Haitian Creole.  Gotta love Google.

I found out that the lady in the subway station, the one handing out free newspapers, used to work in a bank.  The bank had massive layoffs and she lost her job ...

So Jen is gone...and Becca is coming back home.  It's temporary.  She has to move out of her apartment by Friday, and she won't be able to move into the new apartment until sometime after the 21st.  She's moving from Hell's Kitchen to Sutton Place.  It's a lot closer to her job. 

Drew and I are trying to figure out outr holiday plans.  We always go to the movies with friends on Christmas Day, then out for Chinese.  We have to pick a movie.  We also want to find a decent restaurant that will be open Christmas Eve.  And then we have to decide what to do for New Year's.

This year my company 's holiday lunch is at a country club.  I guess that means I have to dress a bit nicer than last year, when the party was at a casual Italian place.  I'm sure it will be fun, though.  I miss my coworkers from the Long Island office, it will be so good to see them again.

Comments

  1. So, how long did that empty next last? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, as I said, Becca is coming home ...and Jen was here on Sunday and decided to sleep here that night ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday