Another this and that

Remember I told you that Becca needs a new roommate?  A few weeks ago she thought she solved the problem, Drew's friend's daughter was looking for a place to live. But the other girl backed out, she decided to move in with her sorority sister.  Well, today Drew's friend contacted him to see if Becca was still looking, the other girl's plans fell through.  So maybe ...


Jen's boyfriend is working on Fire Island again this summer, he's got a job working weekends in one of the bars.  The summer communities on Fire Island are accessible only by boat, he commutes to the job via ferry. She's picking him up from the ferry tonight and driving him home.  The first of many times she will meet the ferry this summer. 

Yes, Memorial Day weekend, the opening of the summer season.  And the weather was more like early April than late May.  Way too cold.

Drew had his first BBQ of the season yesterday.  Nothing fancy, just burgers, hot dogs, cole slaw, potato salad, corn on the cob ... I made my "famous" tomato mozzarella salad.  Good food, good friends, good times.

Since we aren't doing a real vacation this summer, we are starting to plan out fun activities we can do locally.   Long Island Ducks games, the Renaissance Faire, a dinner cruise on the Great South Bay ... 

Tomorrow night I'll be volunteering at my congressman's monthly town hall.  I'm really starting to like this guy.  I don't agree with every position that he takes, but he's growing on me.  On Sunday I'll be doing a volunteer project for Planned Parenthood.  It's a march and rally for transgender and gender nonconforming civil rights.  And the following Sunday I have a meeting with the synagogue social action committee, I'm this year's chair for our annual "mitzvah day".   Yeah, I'm keeping busy.

Busy is good.

And it's going to be a great summer.





Comments

  1. Sounds like you'll have lots to keep you busy this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A