Looking skyward

“Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.” 
― Ptolemy

Sunday morning, I needed to be at the breast cancer walk by 6:30 AM, long before the sunrise.  As I left Drew's house, this is what I aw:


Yes, the full moon...the Hunter Moon.

And then last night...

I've always wanted to see a rocket launch, but I've never been in Florida when NASA had one planned.

But last night NASA launched a rocket, unmanned and loaded with supplies for the International Space Station, from Virginia.  And it was visible from Long Island.  I watched it rise in the south and head east.



The photos don't do it justice.

I'd love to see another launch, closer to the launch site.  But this will do for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday