stress relief=Zorn's

Drew's been so stressed lately, dealing with legal and financial issues involving his father and nursing homes.  He was having major meltdown Friday night.  So Saturday night I told him not to worry about going out, that I'd bring dinner to his house.

But what to bring?

I drive past Zorn's every time I come here.  And we hadn't had Zorn's, except on New Year's Eve, since ... well, probably since they closed the East Meadow location.

I ordered the mini chicken and ribs combo, 8 pieces of skinless fried chicken, riblets and two sides.  I chose garlic mashed potatoes and creamed spinach.  Also picked up a package of cornbread.    Excellent meal.  The chicken was crispy on the outside and juicy inside, and not the least bit greasy.  the ribs were in a barbeque sauce I'd call "hearty" but neither overly sweet nor spicy.    The mashed potatoes had just a hint of garlic, and the gravy was packed separately.  I didn't care for the seasoning in the spinach, but Drew seemed to like it.  Corn bread was moist, almost cakelike.  Overall a sastifying take out experience.


Incidentally, the combo was supposed to feed 3-4 people.  For us it was closer to 5 or 6 servings.  We love leftovers, so that was not a problem.

Zorn's Famous Chicken & Ribs on Urbanspoon

Comments

  1. Mmmmmm, Zorn's. The only thing that was better (when it was there) was Raay Noor's.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday