Judy Garland, popcorn, buttered noodles and freestyle Coke

So our evening began at the Imax theater, for the re-release of "The Wizard of Oz", this time in 3D.
This movie is an American classic.  I've seen sequels and prequels and parallel story lines, but I always find myself going back to this movie . . .for a film that had so many problems during production, it is remarkably well crafted.  The sepia tones in the Kansas scenes giving way to the startling brilliance of technicolor.  When the farm hands and Professor Marvel make comments that foreshadow who they will be in Oz.  The attention to detail in the Munchkinland sets.  The simplicity and wistfulness of "Over the Rainbow" contrasting with the clever vocabulary of the other songs.
If you've never seen the film in a movie theater you've missed so much detail . . .
And watching this film turns me into a 5 year old.
Afterwards we went to Noodles and Company.  Thought we'd try it now that it officially opened.  Tonight I had the Caesar salad -- just as good as last time.  The buttered noodles, a very simple dish of egg noodles with butter and parmesan, were delicious, but the meatballs I added to the dish were unimpressive. Drew thought the chicken noodle soup was good, but the Japanese noodles were far too spicy for him.
I like the freestyle Coke machine.  Where else could I get a diet cherry Dr. Pepper with my meal?
We will be back. Noodles and Company on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday