Peace, love and crabs redux

Last year we tried Joe's Crabshack, and I was in love.
But it's a pricey meal, and Oceanside is a  bit of a hike for us, so we never went back.
Until tonight, that is.  A year to the day since our first visit.
We arrived at dinner time and faced a very lengthy wait. Fortunately this restaurant uses an interesting system  to page patrons when their table is ready -- the hostess entered my cell phone number into her iPad, and I got a text message when our table was ready.
It was very cold inside the restaurant ( I'd hate to see their bill for air conditioning!)  Once again let me recommend a Chilly Jilly wrap -- I keep one in my pocketbook this time of year.
But the beach vibe is still there.  Loud music, line dancing, ti dyed shirts.  Could barely hear each other talk.
This time around, we skipped the appetizer and went straight for the steam pots.  I ordered the same steam pot as I had last year -- a whole Maine lobster, two crab legs, shrimp, sausage, potatoes and corn, only this time, the server asked if I preferred extra shrimp in lieu of the sausage.  I  went with the shrimp.
Overall the food was excellent.  The lobster claws were succulent but the tail was a bit chewy.
We didn't order drinks from the bar -- we did far too much drinking on the cruise -- but the pina coladas looked very interesting, served in what looked like a real pineapple.
They're running a promotion right now.  If you donate to their charity -- to feed hungry kids -- you get a coupon for a free food item at your next visit.  The size of your donation determines the free item --  $1 gets you a kids meal, $5 is an appetizer,$10 is a bucket of crab.
We will have our free bucket of crab when they open the Westbury location.
Let's get cracking. Joe's Crab Shack on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday