Ramblings

 Well, that house we looked at back in  beginning of the month …the one we thought was perfect …the broker said we were qualified but the landlord wanted to see if “something better” came along …well, the ad for the house is still posted, with a reduction in the rent!  I guess “something better”  hasn’t come along yet.  Sorry not sorry.

Meanwhile, we have a house that we like and we will be moving in just over two weeks. We are getting an estimate from the movers, we have to arrange to transfer utilities, renter’s insurance, etc., and of course we have to pack.  

Our current landlord has had several prospective tenants look at the house.  It’s disruptive but we have to cooperate.  I hope he finds someone soon.

I loved watching the Subway Series.  The Mets are hot!  The Yankees, not so much.  The teams will meet again in a few weeks.  

On Sunday Drew and I saw a local theater group’s production of Gilbert & Sullivan’s Iolanthe. Drew and his sister used to be very active in that group, and still have friends in the cast.  The director convinced Drew to participate in next year’s production of H.M.S. Pinafore.  I guess I’m going to have to learn the music from that show.  I also told Drew that as a former PTA mom/cheer mom/dance mom/ Sisterhood member, I’m very good at selling tickets and refreshments, and running raffles, so the group can put me to work. 

The bridesmaids are all wearing gold shoes, so Becca strongly suggested I wear the gold shoes. Decision made. 

I took my mother-of-the-bride dress to my tailor. The dress was designed for someone a lot taller than I am.  But Anna also suggested a few other alterations, she has a very good eye for these things.  Jen is bringing her dress to Anna later this week, and my sisters will bring their dresses to her shortly after that. Yes, the excitement is beginning to build.  

  

 

Comments

  1. It seems like everything turned out well with your new home! Congratulations, and best of luck with the packing and moving. It's great that Drew is getting involved with the theater group again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait... so you were qualified for a house, and it's still for rent, at a reduced price, yet the owner wants "something better"? Better than qualified tenants? Weird. Best you avoided that landlord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, what would that landlord have been like? Besides greedy? Sometimes there is justice in this world. Re the wedding, everything really, really will come together. (Easy for me to say when I'm not part of the wedding party).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renting there would be out of the frying pan and into the fire.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like things are moving right along.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

Music Monday

Ultimate Blog Party!!!!