Music Monday

 And the theme?


Wedding Songs – play at or wished you had or want. 

Well, my daughter Becca is getting married next month, so wedding music is on my mind.

Here are a few songs that were played at my wedding.

Let’s start with a dance tune. 


  

Yeah, Drew got on the floor and did the worm.  

This was Billboard’s #1 song that year, and of course we danced to it.

  

Somewhere there is a photo of Drew’s sister “walking like an Egyptian”…

My sisters sang this one.  They were a tad bit …tipsy … at the time, so I won’t use the footage of them …

  

As I mentioned before, this was the song for my father-daughter dance.

  

Yes, we were married under a chuppah, and Drew smashed a glass at the end of the ceremony.

And yes, we danced a hora…


  

You haven’t lived until you’re sitting in a chair held up off the floor … like in this clip from Fiddler


  

We had a photo montage, and chose this song as background music


  

And I saved the best for last.  Our song.

  


Comments

  1. Good music picks! What does the lifting the couple in chairs symbolize? I remember seeing this done in a movie, can't recall which one, but wondered about it. Have a boogietastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s just tradition as far as I know. We did it at my wedding, we did it for each of my daughters’ bat mitzvah, we will probably do it at Becca’s wedding.

      Delete
  2. Very nice songs. Congrats to your daughter and blessings to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great memories and great music 💜💜💜 especially the turtles 💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices. One I especially enjoyed was Andre Rieu; his videos are always delightful but I think he and his singers/musicians outdid themselves with this performance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunrise, Sunset was one of my mom's favourite songs. I love the music from Fidler on the Roof. Love Andre Rieu and he is a must see if ever he is near where you live. Live the rock songs and Evergreen is a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MOL...we loved the introduction to the wedding, Songbirdie, it made us gonna Shout...MOL...Double Pawkisses for a Happy Week ahead🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday