Super Bowl time again?

I'm not really a football fan.  I probably wouldn't take note of the Super Bowl at all, but for the fact that the Patriots are playing. 


Why?

Well, back in 2008 the Patriots played the New York Giants.  Jen was a senior in high school that year, and she was considering several colleges in New England.  There was a program  Jen wanted to attend at a school in Connecticut, and it was scheduled for 9:00 AM the day after the Super Bowl.  We drove up from our home on Long Island to Connecticut during the game, and Jen’s friends kept texting her to keep her updated on the Giants’ efforts.  We arrived at our hotel just as the Giants won.  There was a giant TV tuned to the game and a lot of sad people in the hotel lobby.   And there I was, with a New York State driver's license as my ID, surrounded by disappointed Patriots fans. It was not a comfortable feeling.

And then, four years later ... Jen went to college in Rhode Island.  Senior year found her living off campus with three friends, all of whom were from Massachusetts.

And the Giants played the Patriots in the Super Bowl.


They made her watch the game in another room.

Comments

  1. My cousin, who grew up in Brooklyn, went to college in Rhode Island and took a job about an hour away from Boston. I don't know if she follows sports, but I'm sure if she does,that she is pure Patriots and Red Sox now. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. People around these parts are very excited. I plan on avoiding as much of the game as I can. Not a football fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure don't have the super bowl on.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday