Wednesday Medley



this week's questions from Terri



1.  Have you ever had a special pet in your life?  Will you tell us about it?
All pets are special.  But Molly was more than special.  Molly was a beagle, sweet but stupid.  There were times I wanted to kill her because of her ability to escape the house (one time I chased her all around the block until she finally ran home) and her love of digging (she destroyed my couch).
Molly earned her place in doggie heaven when Jen was born.  She would sleep under Jen's crib when Jen was napping.  And when Jen was learning to stand, she'd grab Molly's ears and use Molly as leverage.  And the dog just stared at me and sighed. 
 
2.  Did you grow up with pets in your home?  What did it teach you?
When I was growing up I had a poodle named Pepi and a cat named Cinders.  I learned so many things from those two: responsibility, kindness, compassion, and, yes, even how ot grieve. 
3.  Do you ever wonder what animals are thinking?
All the time. 
4.  Sometimes a pet gets out and doesn't return for a few days. What do you think happens to them when they go on a walkabout?
Maybe we could have asked Molly...
5.  With cats and dogs being the most popular pets, what is the most exotic pet you have personal experience with (didn't have to be yours)?
A komodo dragon, or maybe an iguana.  Neither were mine.  Both were inriguing.
6.  Please tell us something random about your week so far...
 
As I mentioned yesterday, I was so excited when when I saw Manifest Monday night.  The scenes where Griffin is supposed to appear on a morning talk show were shot near my office in January. At the time I didn't know which TV show or movie was using our neighborhood as a set, so seeing the final product was a thrill.
 
Go look at the photos in this story (I won't post the photos, they are copyrighted) and compare them to my photos from a few weeks ago:
 

Comments

  1. I always love when I watch TV shows that film in NYC. Law and Order, Blue Bloods, all did location shooting. Still, do. It's fun.
    Baby Dog was a Beagle, but not typically so, except she was a chewer. She was such a Mama dog to us and took care to make sure we were all fine. We got her when I was 4 and she made it eleven years. Such a great dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a chance to watch Manifest last night. As soon as they were approaching the morning show, I realized that was the set you'd seen. Although, if you hadn't said anything in your last blog post, I would not have noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, you have no idea how excited I was. I DVR manifest because I'm not always home Monay nights. I'm going to rep
    lay the scenes just to see the familiar landmarks aain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maribeth, beagles are great, but have bad habits, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Manifest! I got to see the show you were talking about. That is so cool you work close by!
    Molly, I have a Molly too! She is a corgi/blue heeler mix. Super sweet. Your Molly sounds wonderful. Loved your answers!! Enjoy the rest of the week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have been watching Manifest too! Great show! Thank you for joining the Medley today! I really enjoyed your memories and stories!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday