Music Monday

This week we are asked to use the words SMOKE, ALARM, BATTERY and CHARGE

So let's start with the obvious, Deep Purple:



And where there's smoke.




In West Side Story, Maria sings about how "it's alarming how charming I feel":




But we also have






Batteries.....hmmm... I know we are celebrating Presidents' Day, but my mind went back to December, to the Twelve Pains of Christmas, and to the line "batteries not included".




Charge was another difficult word.  An old TV show theme song, where a sneeze was mistaken for the word "charge", with comic results.




. Or maybe this will work....they charge the people $1.50 to see trees...



And now I am going to be a bit self indulgent and post a song outside of the stated theme:



Well, that's the playlist for the week.  I think I'm really enjoying this blog hop.

Comments

  1. Hi there, and so happy that you have joined us and let me be the first to tell you that you did a great job! In other words YOU ROCK & I hope you enjoyed yourself and thanks for joining us! Hope to see you next week! BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post. I thought I was reaching far fr away to get some of my songs but you - what memories. F Troop. I Feel Pretty. Bob Rivers. What? (Saying in a good way). Plus you chose several of the same songs I did, proving your great taste. Welcome once again, and I hope to see you again next Monday. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Smoke on the Water seems to be a popular tune today, but that was brilliant to pull the lyrics out of a Broadway play for alarm. Well done. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great songs. I enjoyed them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Smoke On the Water" brings back fun memories from my junior high school years. :) Strawberry Alarm Clock...so that's who did "Incense & Peppermints"? Very cool! I am horrible with connecting the band with a song so this is furtastic. F Troop was a funny sitcom from my childhood. They don't write TV scripts like this anymore. Thanks for joining the 4M crew on the dance floor, dearie. Have a boogietastic week and rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the selections, especially from my forever man-crush Jim Morrison!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to go back and listen to all of those. I especially loved The Doors. Great song and great performance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job on the song choices for the theme! Very impressive! :) Thanks for the dance - have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday