Wednesday medley




Terri's questions this week:


1.  I think St. Valentine's Day is for everyone, whether you have a romantic love interest or not.  I received a Valentine card from my sister (thank you Patti!) - case in point.  It is all about LOVE, not just romantic love.  What are your traditions for celebrating Valentine's Day?

Yes, the focus of the holiday does seem to be on romance, but when my daughters were little I used to give them cards and candy. 

I don't have any real traditions.  My boyfriend likes to take me out for a  romantic dinner.   This year we decided to wait until the weekend, so tomorrow night I'll be at the gym with my older daughter; her boyfriend has classes tomorrow night, so we're making it a "girls' night"  of sorts.

2.  When you were in elementary school, did you decorate a shoe box and deliver those little valentines to all your classmates?   Perhaps in Sunday School?

I don't remember a shoebox, but yes, we always had a party at school, exchanged cards and ate lots of candy.

3.  Do you enjoy playing Cupid?  Have you ever introduced a couple who really clicked?
 
Nope, I don't play matchmaker.  Playing with matches a girl can get burned.(You knew there'd be a Fiddler on the Roof quote in here somewhere.)
 
4.  Which traditional Valentine's Day gift would you rather receive:  Chocolate, flowers, or a card with a personal message?
My boyfriend is big on buying cards and candy.  I seldom get flowers from him, or from anyone else.  I think I'd like to get more flowers.
5.  What is the best movie to watch on Valentine's Day?
Casablanca.  We'll always have Paris.
6.  Tell us something random about your week!
Not Valentine's Day related, but I do get to see some interesting things on my way to work.  Last week I saw TV production trailers parked on Water Street, the sign said Blacklist was filming.   
 
This week the trailers are gone, and in the same spot I saw this guy:
 
 
 
This rat has been a NYC union tradition for awhile now.  I'm curious if he makes appearances elsewhere in the country.
 
 

Comments

  1. Cassablanca is a great choice! I've never seen the rat before so not sure if he shows up anywhere else or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im with you,, never dine out on Valentine's Day.. it is too crazy.. and many times the menus are pared down and they only offer ridiculously priced meals that are mass produced.. We will go on the weekend, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I hate Valentine's Day with a fiery passion. It comes from a lifetime of being single, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do not have the rat in the south, but I'm curious what it's advocating against.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Casablanca is a great movie!! Thanks for joining the Medley today! I enjoyed your answers and hope you have fun with your daughter AND a romantic dinner out with your boyfriend!! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love Blacklist! So cool you saw their filming truck.
    My husband is a union worker...I have never seen the rat before here in Missouri. Loved your answers! Happy Valentine's Day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So i googled it ...Gilbane is a contractor, allegedly exploiting its labor force by underpaying them and not providing healthcare or retirement benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah the rat! Haven't seen him for a while, I do remember a stint in SoHo a while back but that was really a while back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday