Another this and that

 So we’ve got chaos in Washington, the House of Representatives looks like a bad version of Mean Girls.   My Facebook feed …OMG … we live in interesting times, don’t we?

At least we’ve got our talk shows back.  I really missed Bill Maher and John Oliver.  Now we have to settle the actors’ strike so my other favorite shows can go back into production,

So it’s October, time to turn my thoughts to autumn…I changed my closet on Sunday, brought out the cold weather clothes and packed away the summer stuff …and we got hit with an 80° day yesterday, with the same expected today …but cool weather will arrive for the weekend.

And yes, the leaves are starting to turn.  It’s pretty.  

And then there are the pine cones.  There’s a huge pine tree in the park next to our house, and it’s dropping pine cones into our back yard.  (Yes, my back fence separates our yard from a small public park.)

I started to decorate for Halloween.  Nothing too extreme, just a few things to get into the spirit of the season.  I’ll post photos when I’m done.  

My house won’t be nearly as dramatic as this one in Farmingdale.  It’s a lovely old Tudor, owned by a taxidermist who must really love Halloween.  He decorates every year.  We drove past the house last weekend, and the decorations are up and glowing.  We didn’t take pictures, though, so here’s some from previous years. Halloween House.




I think he may have added something new this year, so I’ll try to go back and get more pictures.

Can’t wait to see what my new neighbors do for the holidays.

Drew already stocked up on candy for the trick-or-treaters.  He bought stuff we like, just in case we don’t give it all away.

So we never made it to the Renaissance Faire this year.  I’m disappointed.  But maybe we will do a fall festival or Halloween event instead. There are plenty of haunted houses around here …

Comments

  1. Yes! The removal of Kevin McCarthy was indeed dramatic. Here in India, I woke up to that news alert from NYT.
    It's time for season change here as well. Winter is slowly settling. It's also the rainy season, the second (northeast monsoon) of the two monsoons we have. The other being the southwest monsoon. Along with it, there are also so many cases of influenza and fever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill Maher had been getting on my nerves lately. But I was so glad to get a dose of John Oliver Sunday night. I hope the tree beyond your fence doesn't get to be too much of a hassle. My father had a similar situation with a eucalyptus tree, but he had a pool, so the mess was more of a mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pool, no worries.

      Maher is conceited and I don’t always agree with him, tu he can be funny and his panel discussions are interesting

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday