Saturday 9

 

It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every 
Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over (1991)

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Lenny Kravitz sings about all the tears he's cried over this relationship. Scientists theorize that human tears fall into two categories: emotional and irritant. "Emotional tears" are most often shed over physical pain, empathy, compassion, depression, and anger/frustration. Think about the last time you cried. What triggered your tears?

I was watching the press conference when they announced that Titan had been found, and that it apparently imploded, killing all five passengers.  So sad for the families.


2) We also cry "irritant tears," which means we well up when a foreign particle gets in our eye. Over-the-counter drops can help. What's the last thing you bought at the drugstore? Was it a medication (OTC or prescription) or something else entirely?

On Thursday I picked up my prescriptions and Listerine.

3) TV actresses have played a big part in Lenny Kravitz' life. His mother was Roxie Roker, who played the neighbor Helen on The Jeffersons. His wife (and the inspiration for this song) was Lisa Bonet, who played one of the daughters on The Cosby Show. Their daughter, Zoe Kravitz, appeared in the HBO series Big Little Lies. What TV series do you never tire of, and could watch again and again? 

Star Trek.  The original series, the  Next Generation, ,Voyager and Deep Space Nine.  I’m not up to date on any of the more recent series.

4) Thinking of Big Little Lies ... Zoe Kravitz co-starred with Nicole Kidman. Shortly after Kidman divorced Tom Cruise, she dated Lenny Kravitz. Have you ever been curious about a partner's past love?

Of course. 

5) Lenny Kravitz and Today Show weatherman Al Roker are second cousins (their grandfathers were brothers). Do you turn to a TV weatherman for the forecast? Or do you check a website or app?

Both.


6) Also a talented photographer, Lenny's work has been displayed at the Leica Gallery in Wetzlar, Germany. What's the most recent photo you took? 




7) In 1991, when this song was popular, Murray Bicycles were the top seller among younger set. Popularity is fleeting, though. By 2004, the company filed for bankruptcy and no longer produces bicycles. Was your bike a big part of your summer when you were a kid?

Yes.  Mine was pink, with a banana seat, and I rode it up and down the hills in my neighborhood.

8) Also in 1991, Gene Roddenberry died. Mr. Roddenberry is best known as the creator of Star Trek. Who's your favorite Star Trek character?

Hmmm…difficult choice.   I used to have a button that said “I Grok Spock”.


I think you’ll figure it out.

9) Random Question: How do you think your high school classmates remember you?
 Nerdy geek.



Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend! 


Comments

  1. OH! I love your most recent photo! I think it's charming that you remember so much about your childhood bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the beloved banana seat bike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitty is so cute! I love tuxedo cats.
    The best bike I ever had was my Schwin Stingray with the banana seat. Mine was lime green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice cat. Nice to find another Voyager fan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started watching Strange New Worlds. If you ever get adventurous, you might want to check out some of the new Star Trek series. I was hesitant at first, but they're worth it once you get going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have re-watched all the Star Trek shows, and then the re-runs, on one of the two Prime or Netflix. They are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a banana seat bike too that I worked all summer for. Then my brother rode it and left it out and it got stolen. I use to ride my bike everywhere. I can't ride them know because I have osteoporosis and can't afford to fall. I might have look into some more Star Trek movies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday