Music Monday

 And the theme:


Yesterday was Global Beatles Day, let’s share songs about the Beatles, by the Beatles, or and the members of the band.

Great theme, we're all picking songs from the same small group of artists and yet our playlists are not going to be alike at all.

I doubt any of the other bloggers on this blog hop are going to choose the songs I am posting.  Well, maybe they'll choose the songs, but not the versions I am selecting.  

Our beloved Shea Stadium closed forever after the 2008 baseball season, to be replaced by Citi Field in 2009.  The very first concert held at Citi Field starred Paul McCartney.  Sir Paul was given the honor because of the Beatles' history with Shea.

The concert was held  on July 17, 2009.  And I was there!  One of the best concerts I ever went to!

He reminisced about the Beatles, he saluted John Lennon and George Harrison, and he brought Billy Joel out to sing with him -- Sir Paul was one of Billy's guest stars during the final concert at Shea the previous year. 

Before I get to the music...a little bit of Beatles history.  Anyone remember the Paul is Dead hoax?  Conspiracy theorists had Paul dying in an auto accident in 1966 , to be replaced by a lookalike.   I wish Ringo Starr a long and healthy life, but do we all understand the irony if Paul becomes the last surviving Beatle?

Anyhow  here are a few selections from Good Evening NYC


Helter Skelter

  

Band on the Run

  

Something


Eleanor Rigby

  

A Day in the Life/Give Peace a Chance

 

Day Tripper

 

Live and Let Die

 

I Saw Her Standing There

  

And we will close it out with Let It Be

Comments

  1. Robin,

    It wasn't until recent years I knew anything about Paul's death conspiracy. People who make stuff like this up have way too much time on their hands. But, you're right it would be really weird if Paul out lives them all. I like the way you presented your song picks. It was like a concert with all the live Sir Paul performances. Thanks for jamming out this week at the 4M party, my dear. Have a boogietastic week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, it was an interesting hoax. And elaborate.

      I tried to capture the feel of the concert. It was a magical night.

      Delete
  2. Sir Paul certainly has had the longest and most successful career post Beatles. What a wonderful playlist and tribute to the man, the band, and the venue. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you really rocked the house this time didn't ya? hahaha Great job my friend. I think you hit all my favorites too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Driller said. He sure did. Great playlist.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly know most of their music, and can evern sing along, but I'm not much of a fan. In fact, I would switch a station if they came on the radio!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to come back later to listen to most of the songs but I had to weigh in now: wow...you have been to some pretty historic concerts. So yes, I certainly remember the Paul is Dead hoax - I wondered if anyone would base their post on that. Probably not but yes, it would be ironic if he outlived the other three.(No, Ringo, I'm not wishing anything bad for you!) Oh fun fact, the wedding I went to earlier this month - one of the mothers was at the 1965 Shea Stadium concert. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn’t go to a lot of concerts when I was young, but I’ve more than made up for it over the last few years.

      I really wanted to see illy Joel’s Last Play at Shea but couldn’t get tickets, so I was very determined to see McCartney at Citi Field.

      Delete
  7. Very nice. That is so cool that you were there. Love all of your picks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you to see him in concert. He has such a huge amount of hits..just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pick the same song as your fist one!!!!! I like Paul's version too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the song, Band On the run.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this song. I had no idea about the conspiracy theories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday