Feline Friday

 That cat will be the death of me.  

Did you know that the pit, stem and leaves of a cherry are toxic to cats?  The fruit is fine for cats, but the other parts contain cyanide.  If you or I accidentally swallowed a cherry pit, we’d be fine.  But cats are so much smaller than humans, so the small amounts of cyanide in the stems could be very toxic to cats. 

I did not know about the cyanide …until last week, when I was eating cherries.  Someone small and furry grabbed one of the cherries and ate the stem.    Don’t worry, she’s fine. But self preservation is apparently not her strong suit.

And then there was the incident with the paper bag.  You know what kind of bag I mean, right?  The ones with the woven handles, like this 



I brought my leftovers home  in this bag.  I apparently left the bag where Shadow could find it.  She somehow managed to get her head and front paws through one of the handles, so that the handle was wrapped around her middle, and she was dragging the bag all over the house.  She’s lucky I was able to rescue her.

She’s also very lucky she’s so cute.







Comments

  1. Watch out for apples, their seeds also contain trace amounts of cyanide.

    She is cute as a button, and good thing after such performances.

    Thank you for joining Feline Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know that saying about cats and curiosity...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that's why cats were granted nine lives. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet girl.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday