The gluten-free life

 I’m a little bit obsessed right now, I’m still getting used to the diagnosis and the need to avoid wheat and gluten.  But …

OMG I found Walker gluten-free shortbread cookies, and they taste just like the wheat-flour based shortbread Walker sells.  I am so happy!

If I can find the gluten-free Oreos, that would make my day.

The corn-based pasta I made the other day tasted good, but it was a bit heavy.  I’m going to try other types of gluten-free pastas.  

I bought gluten-free bread and breadcrumbs, rice flour, tortilla strips instead of croutons for my salad …

I’ve rediscovered rice cakes, a naturally gluten-free snack.  I put peanut butter on the chocolate rice cakes. And Honey Nut Cheerios are gluten-free.  

But the real finds we’re in the Passover aisle.  I can’t eat matzo or anything made with matzo meal.  But I found flourless brownie mix, gluten-free potato kugel mix, gluten-free gefilte fish, gluten-free “matzo” (can’t really be called matzo if it’s not wheat-based) and gluten-free “matzo balls”.   And suddenly I’m looking forward to the holiday …

Comments

  1. I think the garbanzo pasta is good. I don't have to watch gluten, just wanted to try something with less for my sugar levels. I don't have to watch those closely... yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in my local Grocery Outlet on Monday, and they had gluten-free Oreos. So, they exist. Also, Trader Joe's has all sorts of gluten-free cookies and such. (I'm not gluten-free. I just notice these things.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like rice cakes.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday