Another this and that

 Now that spring is here, I’m counting down to Opening Day of the baseball season. The Mets open on the road, first game is in Miami March 30.  First home game is April 6. (Yes, I know, that’s Passover, but it’s a day game …won’t interfere with the Seder.)

But we won’t be hearing  “Narco” at Citi Field this year.  Diaz injured his knee and will be out for the season. Sigh.

I’m hoping we will have tickets to at least one game.  

We bought tickets to several Ducks games.  We try to see the Ducks play each team in the league at least once.  But that will be impossible this year — the team from Lexington, Kentucky isn’t coming to Long Island at all! And the Ducks won’t be going to Lexington either.  The teams will not meet in 2023 unless they both make the post season …

They’re slowly announcing the lineup for the Jones Beach Theater this summer.  So far I’m not impressed.  Waiting on Jimmy Buffett, he hasn’t announced a summer tour yet.  I’m still a little salty about missing Rod Stewart last year, but I’m getting over it.

I will be spending more time walking at the beach now that the weather is getting warmer.  I didn’t go nearly as often as I’d like last year. I was having mobility issues and walking just wasn’t fun.  But I’m feeling so much better now.



Yep, Shadow’s latest adventure.  I left the refrigerator door open for just a moment.   She went looking for the good  stuff…

I wanted a cat with personality.  Be careful what you wish for … 


She’s so sweet … when she’s asleep in my lap.  

Seriously, though, I love my cat.  I can’t imagine my house without her.  

I’ve been gluten free for two weeks now.  I am starting to feel much better.  I’ve been using gluten-free bread, pasta, etc.  It’s been fairly easy at home.  But when we went out to dinner with a friend the other night, the restaurant served popovers, and my friend gushed about how good they were … I was near tears.  This is going to take a lot more getting used to, isn’t it?

Sigh …

Comments

  1. There are a lot more gluten free choices nowadays. But foo on your friend. They should know not to rub your face in what you can't have. Glad your mobility issues aren't bothering you as much. It sucks when you want to do things but the pain prevents you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. popovers does sound good.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday