Scary world —National Day of Hate


 It’s a pretty necklace, isn’t it?  It was a birthday gift from a friend of mine, she gave it to me a few years ago.  I really like it.

But I have many pretty necklaces.  So why am I showing this specific piece?

Because I am wearing this necklace today.  I wore it to make a statement,

A statement of identity.  A statement of values.

A statement that I will not bend to fear, that I will prevail.

It is a terrible thing to be hated simply because you exist.

But in response to their “National Day of Hate” I pray.









Comments

  1. Amen.
    I watched the video of the incident at the Chabad in South Orlando and was absolutely sickened. We must not bend to fear, as you say. We must prevail. We must study history, learn from it, and not say "maybe if we ignore it, it will go away." or "the media is overblowing it". They are not overblowing it. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/day-of-hate-prompts-warnings-police-jewish-groups-1234686596/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been hearing this, but I don't know the context. I'm loathe to go down the rabbit hole to figure out what happened.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday