Fingers crossed

 So … the saga of the Billy Joel tickets,  I’m sure you all remember, but let me refresh your recollection.

Billy Joel is one of my absolute favorite performers. He has a residency at Madison Square Garden, he does one concert there every month.  

He did a concert in February 2020, just two days after my birthday.  I really wanted to go, but didn’t buy tickets because of other things that were happening in my life.  

So I was very happy when he announced the date of his May 2020 concert.  I bought tickets and started counting the days.  

And then, COVID hit us, and all live entertainment was canceled or postponed.  The March 2020 show was pushed to November 2021. The April 2020 show was moved to December 2021.  The May 2020 show was rescheduled for January 14, 2022.  New shows were scheduled for February -July 2022.

Joel performed in November and December.  But there was a COVID surge in January, and the January 14, 2022 show was postponed to August 24.

And Drew and I laughed, because we had tickets to see Rod Stewart at Jones Beach on August 23.  That concert was originally scheduled for August 2020.  

So, two nights of live music.  What could be better?

And then my mother passed away.  Drew took a friend to the Rod Stewart concert.  I sold the Billy Joel tickets.  Made a small profit.  But I cried.

Joel recently announced that he’s doing a concert on February 14, 2023.  And guess who just bought two tickets?  And better seats than we had for the August concert.  

I am keeping my fingers crossed.  I won’t believe we’re actually going until I am sitting in the Garden …

Comments

  1. Good luck! Hoping it all works out in the end. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending you all the luck I can. You'll get to see him this time. (I'm pretty lucky. These are good vibes I'm sending.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday