Sunday stealing

 


 
Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1. Five problems with social media

    -- a major distraction/time suck

    -- puts personal information at risk

    -- a stalker's best friend

    -- like all print media, lack of body language, tone of voice, etc. can lead to misunderstanding

    -- the spread of misinformation and conspiracy theories

    
2. A place you would like to live, but have never visited

London sounds like an exciting place to live

3. Someone who fascinates you and why


Stevie Nicks has always been her own unique person.   

And I love how when she was breaking up with a guy she wrote songs about the relationship -- and then made him play those songs on the album. You almost had to feel sorry for Lindsey Buckingham.





4. Do you have tattoos?  What are they and why?

Nope.

5. A book you love, and one you didn’t.

Hated, hated, hated Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pyncheon.  It was assigned reading for the science fiction class I took in college.  I never finished the book and I fudged the questions on the exam.  

I've read Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird twice, once when I was in high school and once when my daughter was in high school.  I think it was an influence on my choice of career and also my passion for social justice.

6. A fruit you dislike, and why

Grapefruit -- too sour

7. Two words/phrases that make you laugh

organized chaos

8. A quote you try to live by

Justice, justice shalt thou pursue.  (Deuteronomy 16:20)


9. Something you miss

Advice from my parents.  My father passed away in 2015, and my mother has dementia.  

10. Three weird traits you have

I'll mention two physical and one character/personality trait:
 
--  I've got a very small mouth.  Really.  When the dentist takes x-rays of my teeth or does other work he sometimes needs to use pediatric tools instead of adult tools

-- I lost all my hair to chemotherapy a number of years ago, but it grew back thicker and more wavy than it was before I fell ill

-- I love dragons and unicorns.  I even decorated my bathroom with a dragon shower curtain and bathmat.

11. What you wore today

I'm writing this on Friday.  I had an appointment with my orthopedist due to my bad knees.  I wore a skirt so that he would be able to examine my knees and  I would not have to change into the funny paper shorts he uses for patients.

12. Word/phrase you use constantly

Let me Google that 

13. One thing you’re excited for

Broadway reopens in the fall!

14. Your feelings on ageism

I'm guilty of it.  But I shouldn't be.  As I am getting older I realize how capable older people really are.

15. Three interesting facts about yourself

    -- the first time I went to a student protest during college, my father told me I was just like Barbra Streisand's character in The Way We Were

    -- When Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was released in 2007, I had to buy three copies of the book because I wanted to read it as much as my daughters did, and none of us was willing to share the book or wait until someone else finished reading it

    -- I (sort of) went to high school with Ralph Macchio.  He was my younger sister's friend, but he wouldn't remember me at all



Comments

  1. how fun! one degree of separation from Ralph, small mouth, stevie nicks (yes!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fan of stevie nicks.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, the famous classmates. I have one as well. I didn't know her, nor her me, but I know we were in the same high school at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad Broadway is opening back up. I cannot imagine how some of the actors and actresses are struggling with the shutdowns. A couple of years ago, before everything went crazy, I went to see A Cursed Child on Broadway and loved it. It was my first time in NYC. We happened to be outside the theater when some of the actors came in and they stopped to talk to my friend and I. It was so cool. Stopping by from Sunday Stealing,

    ReplyDelete
  5. London is amazing - but expensive.

    I love grapefruit - is that weird?

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could live in London. I feel at home there.

    I loved the story of the Harry Potter books!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A