Mini trip report

Wonderful evening. We ate dinner at The Brooklyn Diner - a great burger place on 43rd and Broadway. Next we sat on the pedestrian plaza at Times Square and did some people watching. Finally we walked over to the Stephen Sondheim Theater. Interesting place - the mezzanine is at street level and you have to walk down stairs to get to the orchestra. The show ..."Anything Goes". It's set on an ocean liner during a transatlantic crossing. Even the theater ushers are part of the show - they all wear sailor caps. And the conductor wears an officer's hat as he leads the pit band through that wonderful Cole Porter score.

Sutton Foster is amazing as Reno Sweeney and Joel Grey is adorable as Moon Face Martin. The dance sequences are incredible.

I have a soft spot for this show ... I was in the chorus of our high school production. As soon as Drew told me he bought the tickets I could hear the music in my head.

Overall another wonderful NYC night.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday