Mary Poppins!

So the reason we were in the city, the reason we ate at Lansky's Saturday ...tickets to Mary Poppins.

We ate first, then took the subway down to the Theater District.  We spent a few minutes in the new Disney Store in times Square - lots of stuffed animals and dolls, but unless you're 6 years old you won't find any clothing in this version of the store.  Walked by the Marriott marquis and saw this fellow:


He's there fairly frequently, he's promoting something about a sculptor named Matthias Alfen.

Also got to see the Naked Cowboy. funny how all these years he's been running around I've never seen him ... except once from a moving car.




As for the show....

Well, Mary Poppins was the very first movie I ever saw in a movie theater, so it has a psecial place in my heart.  I supposed I would have liked the show better if I hadn't loved the movie so much.

Not that it was bad...in fact, it was excellent.  but oh so different from the movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday