life in and around NYC is insane

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

bonding with my daughters

Both girls were home last weekend.  It was good to have them home, even though they spent a good deal of time screaming "I hate you" at each other --- just before deciding to go to see the Justin Bieber movie together in a "my sister is my BFF" kind of way.

Jen and I made a little trip to the ER Sunday night. Nothing serious, as I mentioned earlier....but it gave us some time alone, away from the rest of our family, to chat...I told her all about how I gave new meaning to the words "business trip" one time, wound up in a soft cast on my foot for two weeks.   Strange how you can have a bonding moment while waiting for x-rays to come back. 

Becca and I had some "alone time" on Saturday.  She'd gone to lunch with a friend, then found her way into Barnes & Noble, where she'd bought herself a new game -- she loves to play "Scene It" and was excited to find the new Disney version of the game.  She came home and asked me to play -- she knows I'm a Disney fan, I've played other versions of "Scene It" and she thought we'd have some fun.  It's been a long time since we played any sort of game together.  Of course, she's much better at the game than I am....it's been a long time since I've had to "let her win".    Whatever tasks remained undone that day, it was worth it to spend time with Becca like I used to....

The house is quiet again ...too quiet....

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me