Temper tantrum

I am about to forget that I am an adult, I am ready to stamp my feet and shout “it’s not fair!”

Back in 2019, in those halcyon, pre-pandemic days, Billy Joel announced that he’d play a concert on February 20, 2020 as part of his monthly residency at Madison Square Garden.  Well, you know how I feel about Billy Joel.  I’ve seen him in concert twice, he does a great show.  So a concert just two days after my birthday would have been perfect.

But …

Drew thought he needed surgery. Schools around here close for an entire week after Presidents’ Day, and if he was able to schedule his surgery for the week that school was closed, he wouldn’t need to miss work.

I am an adult.      I understand priorities.

By the time we found out that Drew (thankfully) did not need surgery after all, it was too late to get tickets for the February 20 show unless we wanted to spend a fortune on StubHub.

No worries, right?  It’s a monthly residency.  New shows get scheduled all the time, you can always get good seats at a reasonable price.  Right?

I bought tickets for the May 2020 show.

And then … COVID.  

The March 2020 show was pushed to November 2021. The April 2020 show was moved to December 2021.  The May 2020 show was rescheduled for January 14, 2022.  New shows were scheduled for February -July 2022.

I am an adult.  I understand,

So Billy performed at the Garden in November and December.

And I was looking forward to the January concert.  

On Tuesday I got an email reminding me that everyone going to MSG must be fully vaccinated.

On Wednesday I got an email telling me that the concert has been postponed to August 24 because of COVID.

The good news is, that’s the day after we see Rod Stewart at Jones Beach — a show originally scheduled for August 2020.  So at least we don’t have any kind of conflict.

In an hour or so I shall be an adult again.  But right now I intend to throw a full blown tantrum.  It’s just not fair!



Comments

  1. Sometimes, an adult just needs to have a good tantrum and then move on. Go for it. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. I understand your frustration. It's better to be postponed right now, though. Really. But I'm still sorry. I know how disappointed you are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday