Saturday 9

 

I'm the Only One

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: I'm the Only One (1993)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Melissa Etheridge sings this song as though her heart is breaking. What's your favorite love song? Is it about falling in love, being in love, or losing love?

This is a sad song. The singer can 't live with his love but can't leave her either, and convinces himself he's got a reason to stay.


2) "I'm the Only One" is a favorite song of American Idol contestants, having been performed four different times. If we were to have a Saturday 9 karaoke night, what song would you do?

Well, of course it would be a Billy Joel song...

3) A rocker at heart, Melissa Etheridge began her career in her teen years, playing with local country groups. Which do you enjoy more: country or rock?

Given the two songs I just posted, I think you can figure out my answer.

4) In 1985, Melissa sent a demo to Olivia Records, hoping for a record deal. She was rejected. Her debut CD was released in 1988 on the Island label and went gold. Tell us about a time you bounced back from professional adversity.

I worked for AIG during the government bailout. 'Nuff said.

5) In her personal life, Melissa has faced major challenges, including breast cancer and the death of her son. She credits music with helping her heal emotionally. What gives you strength?

Music.  Specifically, Melissa's music, among others.  I was diagnosed with uterine cancer in 2005.  This song helped me get through a very trying time in my life.



6) Melissa is a vegetarian, so her diet emphasizes plant-based foods like fruits, grains, nuts and vegetables. What was your most recent meal? Would it qualify as vegetarian?

Shrimp Pad Thai, definitely not vegetarian.

7) In 1993, the year this song was popular, a massive storm dropped a record 56" of snow in Mount Le Conte, TN. Have you done much shoveling this winter?

I don't shovel snow.  I live in a two-family house.  The other tenant is a good friend of mine.  Her son shovels my walk. So far he's only had to shovel snow twice this year, we haven't had a major snowfall.

8) One of the most popular movies of 1993 was A Few Good Men, starring Tom Cruise, Demi Moore and Jack Nicholson, who famously said, "You can't handle the truth!" What's the most recent movie you watched?


9) Random question: Dessert is on us! Describe your perfect ice cream sundae.


Two scoops of vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, mini M & M's, whipped cream and a cherry.






Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
 

Comments

  1. Yay, another MLE fan! I Run For Life is a great song. I am glad it helped you during your healing process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5 I haven't heard of that Melissa Etheridge before, she is great musician.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song, too, it's so inspirational! We haven't had a lot of shovel-needing snow here in Maine, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm, pad thai. Yum. We're going to our favorite dumpling joint today! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa is amazing! What a great song. Loved your answers!
    Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That movie looks good. I like to watch old movies. Your sundae sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard that Melissa Etheridge song before. I like her voice, but never really listened much to her except if she was on the radio. Now Rod Stewart...love that man's gritty voice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1993. The model year of my car. Which I've had since 1993...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Creative helps me heal.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Keep it to yourself, it's my life!" I bet that would be fun.

    I love old movies, but I haven't seen that one. I'm intrigued. Robert Taylor in a musical? Must investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I became allergic to shell fish even though I ate it for years. One of the gifts of Old Age. lol
    Love your song choices. there is so much good music coming out of everyone's posts for Saturday 9. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday