Music Monday

 Another icon has died.  And this one felt like a punch to the gut.

Less than a year after Jim Steinman passed away, Marvin Lee Aday, known to the world as Meat Loaf, has died.

He first came to our attention in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.



But he captured our attention two years later, with his debut album.


The title cut

  

The controversial "Paradise By the Dashboard Light", with the infamous commentary by Phil Rizzuto.  There are people who believe Rizzuto didn't know what he was really describing, that he didn’t understand the sexual innuendo.  Riiight....

 

Meat’s background in acting gave his music a theatrical tone that really added depth to his videos.

You can see it in "Read 'Em and Weep"


 

"It's All Coming Back To Me Now"


"I Would do Anything For Love"


  

And we close it out with this song, the first song written for Bat Out of Hell.


I guess Heaven got tired of waiting...



Comments

  1. Love Meatloaf. I was sad to read he had passed. I have one song listed for him today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read the news of his passing this morning. What a pity! You did a lovely tribute to the man featuring his songs on the dance floor. Thanks for sharing and for joining the party, my friend. You have a heart of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for the passing of Meatloaf. He was amazing and will be missed.

    Have a fabulous Music Monday and week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meat Loaf's voice always had a unique quality to me and now I know why from you. We used to own Bat Out of Hell on vinyl (dating ourselves), and have BOOH II and III (although III is scratched and doesn't play well) on CD. Besides Paradise by the Dashboard Light, I think I should have included In the Land of the Pig (The Butcher is King)in my tribute. As for your tribute post, I thank you for including some songs I haven't heard in forever. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A