Wednesday HodgePodge

 1. Share one happy moment/memory from the holiday season. 

Christmas Eve, a group of friends gathered at the Melting Pot.

2. Let's be reasonable with our expectations going into this new year, k? What is one thing you'd like to accomplish/improve/complete/do in 2022? 

Regain my fluency in Spanish.  I was very good in high school and college, but I have forgotten much of what I learned.

3. Every January 1st (since 1976) Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse or just general uselessness (go here to read more about how the words are chosen). Here are the words/phrases they'd like to see banished in 2022-

wait, what?-no worries-at the end of the day-that being said-asking for a friend-circle back-deep dive-a new normal-you're on mute-supply chain

Which of these words/phrases do you use regularly? Which of these words would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word/phrase not on the list you'd like to add? 

The only phrases I use are "you're on mute" and "supply chain".  I'd love to have no need for them anymore.

4. Best thing you ate in the month of December? 

Beef in garlic sauce, chicken pineapple fried rice and rock shrimp tempura from the new Chinese/Japanese takeout place.

5. January 5th is National Bird Day. Are you a bird lover? What's your favorite bird to see in the wild? Choose a phrase from the list that follows and tell us how it relates to your life currently...eat like a bird, bird's eye view, early bird, bird-brained, free as a bird, a little bird told me, or kill two birds with one stone.

How can a girl named Robin not like birds?  And if you guess that robins are my favorite you'd be right.   As for a phrase?  I'm an empty-nester, so I guess that makes me free as a bird.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Today we are getting freezing rain.  They say it might snow on Friday.  I am not happy.  



Comments

  1. Cute way to answer number 5! :-)
    Stay safe during freezing rain.. I am not a fan of freezing rain. I would rather have snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beef in garlic sauce sounds great. Wishing you a wonderful 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow! My granddaughter like snow.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, no, no. I'm keeping wait, what? I use that all the time and like it. But we can yeet "a new normal" into the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chicken pineapple fried rice sounds delicious. I've never eaten fried rice with pineapple in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed all of your answers, beef in garlic sauce sounds so delicious.
    Happy New Year,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday