Wordless Wednesday

Greetings of the season.



 


I've told this story before.


It was such a simple thing, but it gave me such frustration.

In the fall of 1992 or 1993, Dunkin' Donuts ran a promotion. If you made a purchase in the store you could buy a glass cookie jar shaped like a pumpkin for about $5.

It wasn't a big deal, but I wanted one.

There was a Dunkin' Donuts on Queens Blvd., across the street from our apartment. I'd stop in several times a week to buy coffee and a donut. And every time I went in, they had just run out of the jars.

Finally, one afternoon ....I scored pay dirt. they actually had the jars in stock.
Made my day. Made my month!

Took the jar with me when we moved to Long Island, and took it with me when I moved back home with my parents. The lid broke when the kids were little. I was so upset, mostly because of all the trouble I'd gone to when I bought the jar.


They're readily available now, all over the internet.  The one in the photo came from KMart.




Comments

  1. Creative photo for the season and quite the story ~ simple pleasures ~ Xox

    Live each moment with love,

    A ShutterBug Explores
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. Yeah, that would have been annoying. I would have thought they'd hold one for you after you missing out so many times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you want something, you want something! P.S. that jar of candy would last forever in my household - now, if you filled it with peanut butter cups....Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treasure. Cute too. Great to put Halloween candy in. I'm glad you can get a replacement.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can have a few candy corn but to many they become sickening sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had one of those Pumpkin Jars too for many Years, I don't know what happened to it, they used to be hard to procure, now you are right, you can buy them almost anywhere now. I Love the type of Candy you have in it, the Harvest Mix of Candy Corn Candies is a favorite of mine, I don't buy it now since The Man and I are Diabetics and shouldn't partake... and I know I'd want to sneak some and misbehave.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A