Saturday 9

 

Vision of Love


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!


Saturday 9: Vision of Love (1990)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The lyrics refer to "sweet destiny." Do you believe in destiny?

No, I think we make our own destiny.

2) This week's artist, Mariah Carey, has something to fall back on. She studied cosmetology and worked as a hair sweeper in a salon. When you get your hair cut, do you socialize with the stylist?

Of course!  I have known her for 26 years,  Our daughters were in nursery school together.
 
3) She isn't likely to turn to cosmetology any time soon. Mariah is currently on the best seller list with her autobiography, The Meaning of Mariah Carey. Was the last book you finished fiction or non-fiction?

Fiction:




4) So far, more than 800 people have reviewed Mariah's book on Amazon. Do you review products/services online?

 Of course.  I used to do restaurant reviews here on the blog, and I'd link them to a restaurant review site.  Now I usually stick with Google or Yelp.

5) When she was a high school student, she was nicknamed "Mirage" because she skipped class so often. Did you ever play hooky?

I liked being in school.  And I think my parents would have killed me if I skipped school.

6) Mariah doesn't apologize for spoiling her dogs, who have been known to travel by limo. Do you know anyone who treats their pets like people?

Yes.

7) In 1990, the year this song was popular, Martina Navratilova won the Wimbledon Women's Singles Tournament. How's your tennis game?

Nonexistent.

8) Also in 1990, Pope John Paul II toured Mexico. Have you ever visited our neighbor south of the border?

I've been to Mexico twice.  Both occasions were shore excursions in Cozumel during a cruise.  The first time, we did a beach day.  The second time, we went to Chichen Itza.  That meant we took the ferry from Cozumel to Playa del Carmen, then took a bus to the ruins. We were the first people off the ship and the last to return,  we didn't have a lot of time at Chichen Itza and no time at all to explore  Playa del Carmen, but for us, it was definitely worth it. 




9) Random question(s): There are Gofundme campaigns for many purposes. Have you ever solicited funds online? Would you?

I haven't done a GoFundMe or anything like that.  I have  solicited finds on line for recognized charities.  

I participate in the annual breast  cancer walk for the American Cancer Society.  This year's walk is virtual.  Here's a link to my page. Making Strides

This year I am also participating in a virtual walk for the ADL.   

"Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."--Martin Luther King, Jr.



Comments

  1. I don't think anyone here on Saturday 9 is a tennis fan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not many tennis players among the Sat 9 folks, that's for sure. Your adventure in Mexico sounds exhausting but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo is impressive! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just curious... two, so far, comments mention no tennis fans or players in the Sat 9 folks. Is there some reason I am unaware of? Some anti-tennis club cross-over, or what?
    I enjoy your Saturday question and answers. This time I have the question!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I write book reviews on my blog so I can keep track of what I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is cool that you got to go and see the ruins in Mexico. We almost went then had to cancel. I have walked for breast cancer several times. I have made contributions for Alzheimer's too. I like the MLK saying too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.. how great that you got to Chichen itza!!! I will have to look for the Picard book. I was enjoying the TV series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somehow I can see Mariah Carey skipping a lot of classes. . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday