Music Monday

 And it's another "your choice" week.


So today let's go back to 1984. We were watching Dallas,  Night Court, Highway To Heaven and Miami Vice on TV. Jeopardy! began its syndicated run starring Alex Trebek. The Karate KidFootloose, Splash and Gremlins entertained us at the movies.  Apple aired the first "Macintosh Personal Computer" commercial.  The Soviet Union boycotted the Los Angeles Olympics, the Edmonton Oilers beat my New York Islanders in the Stanley Cup finals. The Chicago White Sox defeated the Milwaukee Brewers 7–6 in the longest game in Major League Baseball history: 25 innings totalling eight hours, six minutes. Ray Croc, Ethel Merman, Marvin Gaye, Andy Kaufman, and Richard Burton died.


And this is the music we loved.















Comments

  1. I so remember all these songs. 1984 was a great year in music. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you're speaking my language! So many memories tied up in these songs. Thanks for joining in RMF today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tapped my feet to Billy Joel. Jumped with Van Halen (oh, that smile...) but when I got to Culture Club, a group I liked very much - that video, OMG, an integrated 1870 Mississippi, what a fantasy. I did enjoy the ending of the video, though. First time I ever saw that video! I agree, 1984 was a great year in music. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pawsome songs, Songbird. Great year for mewsic, Granny doesn't remember the last song nor the band, but it sure was a nice song.
    😸Pawkisses for a Happy Wednesday🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once you have the chords and basic notes down on your acoustic guitar, the next step most beginners try is to find easy guitar songs to play and practice on. Guitar cover songs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A