another this and that

 So last night I watched Dancing With The Stars for the first time in ages.  It's was 80's night, a lot of fun. Not sure why I stopped watching...except that I really don't know any of the "stars" on the show lately. Or maybe I am just out of touch with pop culture.

What popped up in this week's Facebook memories?  Photos from my cousin's wedding 7 years ago.  there's a picture of my mom and dad dancing...I think it was the last time he ever danced with her.   Hard to believe he's been gone 5 years...

Drew and I are already thinking about New Year's Eve.  Yeah, I know, it's still early -- we haven't done Halloween yet, let alone Thanksgiving or Christmas.  Last year we went to an Italian place that had a DJ and dancing.  This year?  Who knows?

Though I won't be sad to see this year out...and I know I am not alone.


Speaking of the 80's...





Comments

  1. My roommate loves DWTS, but she hates the new host. While passing by, I commented that I now understand my high school English teacher. I was rolling my eyes at the '80s night, and I recalled, as a teenager in the '80s how my English teacher would roll her eyes every time we did a '50s thing. Now I get what she was saying about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. There’s a song, “1985.” Very popular in 2004 or 2005, I think. All about a mom with two kids in high school reliving her teen years in the 80’s. I had one in high school and one in middle school, and because of that song, the kids were all focused on the 80’s. I was 25 in 1985, so it wasn’t totally cringeworthy. But if they’d gotten into the 70’s ...

      Delete
  2. I love the 80's. I watched DWTS for several years. Gave up several years ago. Tried a comeback for this season, knew maybe one of the celebrities, never returned. I love the 80's and I was already in my 30's (and still childless)so my only "excuse" is that there was something special about 80's music. I still listen to a 80's station on satellite radio. We're already thinking of Thanksgiving because, living in a hotspot county, are a bit leary of having our son visit. It will be indoors (barring a weather miracle) and you can't eat with a mask on. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosh HaShanah was just me and Drew. Probably the same for Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  3. Good advice, this been some wild ride.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday