wordless Wednesday -- Christmas in NYC — Macy’s windows.

The big department stores in NYC all do themed windows for the holidays.


We didn’t do our big hike around the city.  You can’t get near the windows at Saks, too crowded.  And too many stores have closed.


But Macy’s endures.



Macy’s actually does two sets of windows.  We didn’t bother with the 34th Street windows, they always tell the story of “Yes, Virginia, There Is A Santa Claus”.

But the Herald Square windows .... this year’s theme is Believe in Wonder.  It’s all about a girl who wants to be Santa Claus.










When you get to the last window, you can pose ...and temporarily become part of the display.  Of course we had to try this.






Nice windows this year.  We loved them.




Comments

  1. ooooooohhhhhh and ahhhsssss ….its on my bucket list to see the windows, smiles. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Mandy and I will be seeing the Bergdorf Goodman & Tiffany's windows next week! Post to come!

    We miss Lord & Taylor's, we always love those. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my such beautiful decorations. I would have enjoyed taking all this in.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their store on State Street in Chicago (which used to be Marsahll Field's) is done up pretty fancy, too. I think it's the only one left on State Street that decorates like that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! I was last in Macy's Herald Square in 2013 and last downtown to see the store windows (probably) in 1972. It's been too long. I was in New York City on Christmas Eve and Christmas last year, but my heart was elsewhere. I need to go back. How beautiful those windows are, and I loved the several interactive aspects. Did you scratch the dog's nose? Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, there were too many kids waiting to scratch his nose. I loved watching their faces, though, when they scratched the dog’s nose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lights and brightness this time of year

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday