another this and that

It's the winter solstice today, the shortest day of the year.  Tomorrow we gain another smidgen of daylight, then another, then another...and soon it will be spring again....

Though I shouldn't be wishing my life away, right?

Really annoyed ....we had our office Christmas party yesterday.  It was lovely.  At the end, the boss gave each of us a bottle of wine.  I dropped mine as I was fumbling for the keys to Drew’s front door. His porch enjoyed a fine white.

Seen on a NYC taxi:




Very interesting ad. I saw the show on Broadway 3 times, memorized the cast album,  even named my cat Mr. Mistoffeles.  (Yes, it was the 80's, what can I say?). But the reviews of the movie ... maybe I’ll wait for the DVD ...

This review was way too funny ...  https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/dec/19/cats-review-tom-hooper-judi-dench-idris-elba-taylor-swift#maincontent

But we're definitely going to see the new Star Wars movie.  We have tickets for tomorrow.  Spoil it you must not.


A real Jewish Princess has hit the Disney airwaves!  Her name is Rebecca, and she rules the Kingdom of Galonia.  And she celebrates Hanukkah!  And my daughter Becca -- who still thinks she's a Disney Princess -- couldn't be more thrilled.

Remember the movie Scrooge? Albert Finney starred in a musical version of A Christmas Carol.   Last weekend Drew and I saw a stage version at NYCB theater at Westbury.  Or rather, we saw a condensed version of the show.   Live theater is never bad, but this production was merely OK.

Still trying to finalize our plans for New Year's Eve.  Drew and I have an idea of where to go, but convincing everyone else.... Stay tuned if you want to hear how this mini drama ends.

So the year is winding down.  And I'm trying to come up with some clever double entendre about 2020 vision.  Though it does promise to be an interesting year. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the new year holds for all of us.





Comments

  1. " And my daughter Becca -- who still thinks she's a Disney Princess" -- umm, I would say, aren't we all princesses? (smiles--or in my case, "Queenly", LOLOLOLOL)

    Wishing you a very Merry holiday season, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never pretended I was a princess. Perhaps that is what I am missing in my life. Retirement Princess! It's kind of funny; there is something from my childhood which had to do with Princesses and was a three letter abbreviation beginning with "J" and ending in "P" and it was something all together different (and nothing I wanted to aspire to) but I think I could get into a Disney Princess. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never understood the fuss about "Cats" to begin with...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas Eve, I will cook an Omaha Steak. Christmas Day we will be at Mandy's. New Years Eve we will be here and I am thinking that I may make another nice steak. We no longer go out. I did buy some champagne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas I will be over at my oldest son and in hope he will have Oyster stew and I will take a lactose pill and enjoy.
    New Day I will be over at my yougest son. Not sure what they have plan.
    I have never seen a professional play...In Jan I belive play Margrettiaville will be in Spokane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becca is 27 and still a princess.

    Dora, if you like Buffett, you should try to see Margaritaville. Not the best play I ever saw, but it was kind of fun,

    Cats is all poetry and music and dance, with no discernible plot. You either love it or you don’t get it, there’s no middle ground.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was never into Cats. Saw it on the local stage, got the sweatshirt. (It was the '80s. It was the fashion.) Add on how creepy they look in the trailers... Yeah, that's a big, fat pass. And I can't spoil Star Wars as I haven't seen it yet. (It's on the agenda for after Wednesday.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday