Music Monday








This week...Christmas songs composed by Jews.  We don't celebrate Christmas, but your holiday wouldn't be the same without us.  So while I spend the 25th fulfilling the stereotype by watching movies and eating Chinese food, you can enjoy these songs.

Mel Torme gave us this first one.





This one is a favorite of mine:





Yep, Johnny Marks was one of us. He also wrote this one:



Sammy Cahn and Jule Style gave us  this one:





Jay Livingston (Jacob Harold Levison) and Ray Evans wrote this one:





Did you know that this one was written by Felix Mendelssohn?





George Wyle (Bernard Weissman) and Edward Pola ((Sidney Edward Pollaczek) gave us this one:




And what would Christmas be without Irving Berlin's classic?






Comments

  1. That video with Mariah Carey she's super young there. I saw this one years ago. She really screamed songs out back then, and now she's paying for it! So many great songs here Andy Williams, Bing Crosby, Martina McBride... I mean all the greats. You did a great job here girlfriend! MERRY CHRISTMAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between Michael Buble and Bing Crosby, I hope I am having a day that won't destroy the mellow feeling this gave me. I do an annual Christmas Songs by Jews post (which will be my post next week), and I'll have to up my game now - it's a topic of great fascination. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, Mariah could sing back then...not so much anymore, sad to say...anyways, thank you for sharing. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such classic and great songs. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother's a huge Neil Diamond fan. I remember when he did his Christmas albums how he explained how he'd gotten the OK from his mother. Yeah, Christmas wouldn't be the same without the contributions of Jewish artists and writers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of my favorite songs were written by Jewish songwriters. All these are on the list...

    ReplyDelete
  7. For religious Christmas song "Hark the Herold angal sing" is one my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your song selections - Rudolph is of course my favorite. :) Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday