weirdness in the subway

Yeah, as you may have guessed from the Metrocard photo earlier this week, I do spend a lot of time on the NYC subway.

A number of news stories about the subway caught my eye this week..

There are a lot of reasons a train might be delayed.  But ...a garbage bag?  Mysterious Garbage Bag Causes 90 Minute Delays   The bag was apparently wrapped around a "stop arm" that is designed to keep a train from moving too fast; the bag  tripped the train's emergency brakes.  It took 20 minutes to clean up the debris, but because it was rush hour, the back up took 90 minutes to clear.

We are all used to seeing rats in the subway stations.  But a raccoon?  Raccoon spotted at MTA subway station  A commuter spotted the furry little bandit in Brooklyn.

Then there was the flood.  Subway Entrance in Brooklyn  The MTA was testing its anti-flood equipment -- installed after the disaster that was Superstorm Sandy -- and deliberately "flooded" a subway entrance in Brooklyn.

But then, I saw something in Penn Station....  I am used to the preachers, performers and panhandlers, but this was different....a gentleman in a medieval cloak.  the cloak was floor length, completely covered him from the neck down. Looked like something out of Outlander or Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings.   I have no idea what he was wearing under that cloak.  He was gone before I could get out my phone to take a picture.

I can't help but wonder what else I will see in the subway.

Comments

  1. No subways here in Hornell, but there are plenty of weirdness that goes on, lol. I wouldn't want to speculate what was underneath the cloak, or not what was on, lolol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The subway "flooding" made the national news - that's where I heard about it. The raccoon doesn't surprise me; I know there is a lot more wildlife in the city than many of us suspect. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never been on subway. Closes thing to what I picture a subway is at Seattle airport.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that flooding picture. On Twitter. I loved the MTA's response. It was something about them getting into submarines now. Although, that was quickly followed up with how it was all planned. I do love when official agencies have a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday