Music Monday







This week's theme:

In honor of Black Friday and the holiday shopping season ‘songs about toys (people or animal toys)'

Do you want to play with a Red Rubber Ball?




Or maybe this song by Bobby Vee is more like it?




Well, I simply must include this song by the Monkees:








The young lady in the video is the show's choreographer.  Davy Jones did this dance freestyle, and the choreographer was the only one unafraid to dance with him.

There are several interpretations of the lyrics, most of them rather salacious.


Maybe dolls are more interesting.




Yeah, more salacious lyrics....

But the Four Seasons were always classy.


But let's take it down now...a song that made me cry:






Comments

  1. I'm amazed at how many of these songs I have forgotten - The Cyrcle's song (which I believe was co-written by Paul Simon) was a favorite of mine. Was familiar with all of these but the Toy Story song - thank you for this great set and have a Happy Thanksgiving. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin,

    This theme has been an excellent choice. I'm so glad that Stunning Keisha threw this one at us to go wild with and the song selection is crazy wonderful. You came up with some good ones, too. I love the Monkees! Have a boogietastic week and may you and yours have a blessed Thanksgiving Day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We must have been on the same wavelength, because I almost used Bobby Vee and the Four Seasons and I did use The Cyrkle, because that's one of the greatest songs of all time in my opinion. Great set here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday