book challenge update

Spells and Spiced Latte: A Coffee Witch Cozy Mystery

I wanted something light and fluffy, and this fit the bill.

Maddie is a witch who knows only one spell.  She has a cat that might also be her familiar.  She runs a coffee truck in a small town.  but when one of her customers is murdered, she sets out to solve the mystery.

The book is short -- I'd call it a novella, not a full-fledged novel -- and the mystery is a bit simplistic.  It was a fun read, but it didn't really grab me, so I'm not sure I'll pick up any of the other stories in the series.

I've read seven books since this challenge began, and I've got to read three more by the end of this moth to meet my goal.  Wish me luck.

Comments

  1. Short books would fit the bill. I like light and fluffy reads, too. Those are the best when one can't take the news anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday