Weirdness at the ballpark
So, Sunday afternoon at the ballpark.
Cloudy day, but fortunately no rain.
And there was a giveaway. A cup.
Great game, even though they lost, they kept it interesting until the very end.
But something weird happened.
I must be invisible. Yeah, that would explain it.
Tell me if I’m wrong.
We like to sit in the upper deck of the ballpark because it gives us access to the Duck Club restaurant. Love that place, they have an extensive gluten free menu.
There’s a small concession stand inside the restaurant, it sells popcorn, chips, candy and ice cream. The stands downstairs have much more to offer, but if you don’t feel like going down …and there are no lines at this counter. It’s very quick, you can get your snack and go back to your seat and hardly miss a play.
So I wanted ice cream, and I didn’t feel like going all the way downstairs. Top of 6th inning ended, I went inside to order my treat. There’s a single worker upstairs. I walked over to the stand, asked her what flavors she had. She told me what was available.
I asked for the flavor I wanted.
I noticed a restaurant employee standing at the counter,
No sooner were the words out of my mouth than the restaurant employee began a conversation with the counter person. She didn’t acknowledge my presence, didn’t say “excuse me”, just asked her question. (Yes, it was apparently business related.) if it were only one question … but no. After about a minute I interrupted to ask for my ice cream. I probably sounded annoyed, to be honest. I was in the middle of placing my order when the employee interrupted the counter person to ask her questions,
The restaurant employee’s comment? “That was a little aggressive.”
We exchanged a few words. She said I was rude, I told her she was the rude one.
The counter person was preparing my ice cream when another restaurant worker came over to the counter, and the young lady started complaining that she’d had quite a day.
I did give a generous tip to the counter person. She wasn’t the rude one, in my opinion, she was trying to juggle three different tasks.
By the time I got my ice cream I’d missed the entire bottom of the 6th, got back to my seat in the middle of the top of the 7th.
So, am I wrong?
Comments
Post a Comment