Music Monday

And the theme?


 In ancient times, “Dog Days of Summer” was connected with bad luck, mad dog attacks, unexpected thunderstorms, heat, and drought.  These days gained the “Dog Days” name because they are connected with a star in the Canis Major (Greater Dog) star system known as Sirius. Nowadays, “Dog Days of Summer” is associated for summer’s long hot days. Based on these interesting tidbits use your imagination to find music that’ll make us howl on the dance floor!

Long, hot days!


And then I came across this humorous piece, love the reference to dogs …


Getting back to more serious stuff


And from Broadway


Yeah, it a bit hot out there






Comments

  1. I couldn't understand a word of that fellow singing Mad Dogs and Englishmen, but he sure was funny sounding. I tried to follow the dialogue, but I couldn't keep up with scrolling with such a fast tempo. It's totally new to me and quite enjoyable discovery. :) Kool and the Gang, just love them! I'm using Too Darn Hot in my August 1st BOTB. Be sure to stop in to cast your vote! It's great seeing you on the dance floor, Robin. Have a boogietastic week, darlin'! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buster Poindexter was a borderline novelty act, but he was gifted and entertaining. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment