Music Monday

 Another “your choice” week



That’s Jimmy Webb.

You may not know his name, but you certainly know his music.  He wrote “Galveston”, “By the Time I Get To Phoenix”, “Up, Up and Away” and many, many more. He has worked with Glen Campbell, Linda Ronstadt, the Association, the Fifth Dimension, Richard Harris …

We saw him perform earlier this month, in a show that focused on his friendship with Glen Campbell and the Jimmy Webb songs Campbell recorded. 

Drew is a huge fan.


So let me present a few Jimmy Webb/Glen Campbell gems.


  




  

  

Webb with Linda Ronstadt



  

This is the song that won his first Grammy


  

The Highwaymen (I’m sure the faces and voices are familiar)


  

This one was recorded by Richard Harris and also by Frank Sinatra, but I’ll play Jimmy’s version now




  

Johnny Maestro had a Jimmy Webb hit




And this last one … Richard Harris had the hit, Donna Summer had the hit, but I like Glen Campbell’s version — the guitar work is amazing,




  



Comments

  1. YOU DEFINITELY ROCKED THE HOUSE TODAY GIRLFRIEND! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a selection. I'm short on time and have to come back later - I love Jimmy Webb's songs. You missed MacArthur Park but I know it's rather long so I'll just play it in my head. Anyway, I can't listen to By the Time I Get to Phoenix without shedding some tears so there was that. I only guessed two of the four Highwaymen (Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash) so I had to look up the other two. And one of the faces was so familiar, too. Aargh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize he wrote "Worst That Could Happen." What a great song that is

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea who Webb was but now I do! He wrote some great songs here but I had to laugh when he said he's not going to make the high note. I wad just thinking that same thing...hahaaa. love Linda Rondstadt. Glen Cambell was superb on the guitar

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew the name but had no idea of all the hits he wrote. WOW, amazing! I loved listening to these wonderful oldies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday