Saturday 9

 

Michelle

 Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!

Saturday 9: Michelle (1965)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
1) In this song, Paul McCartney sings to Michelle in French, "Sont des mots qui vont très bien ensemble." Can you say anything else in French?

I studied Spanish in school, was quite fluent.  I can manage a few words and phrases in French, but I don’t really speak it.

2) Paul admits he that, as a teenager, he'd perform the first few bars at parties to impress girls. It was John Lennon who encouraged him to "turn it into a proper song." Tell us about a time you were glad you took advice from a friend or coworker.

Three years ago a coworker saw how unhappy I was and encouraged me to look elsewhere.  I did, and I found a much better situation.
 
3) A big Elvis fan, Paul is proud to own the bass that was played on the 1954 recording of "That's Alright, Mama." Tell us about one of your prized possessions.

I collect pewter figurines — castles, knights, dragons, unicorns, anything associated with that type of fantasy.

4) John was also an Elvis fan and honored The King by naming one of his cats Elvis. Do you share your home with any pets? If so, let us know their names.

If you’ve read only a few of my blog entries, you already know the answer to this one.  My boyfriend Drew has a ten year old cat, Duchess,  I was with Drew when he adopted Duchess from an animal shelter. I consider her “mine”.



In October I adopted a kitten. I named her Moon Shadow.  I usually call her Shadow.



Drew and I moved in together last month; teaching these two cats to cohabit has been a bit of a challenge.




But we’re making it work,  at least, I hope we are.


5) John was a heavy smoker who often attempted to quit. He tried hypnosis but that didn't work. Have you ever been hypnotized?

Someone tried to hypnotize me, but it didn’t work.

6) George Harrison fell in love with Hawaii and bought a 63-acre estate. If you could take off tomorrow for a vacation to any of our 50 states, which one would you choose?

Hmmm … a few weeks ago I would have said Hawaii.  Given what’s happening in Maui right now … I’d feel bad going there, but then again, the state really needs our tourist dollars right now, so maybe heading to Honolulu wouldn’t be a bad thing.

Second choice would be California.  I was in San Diego a few years ago on business.  I’d love to go back and explore more.

6) While Ringo Starr quit signing autographs for fans in 2008, he will donate autographed memorabilia to charity for auction. Have you ever bid on an item at auction? Did you win? 

Yes, I did, and yes, I won!  Relay for Life is an American Cancer Society event.  We held a Relay at my daughters’ high school. I won a beautiful pair of gold earrings.  
 
7) As a young boy, Ringo had a severe case of appendicitis and his appendix was removed. Do you still have your appendix? 

No. 
 
8) In 1965 -- before Advil and Tylenol and Aleve -- Americans took aspirin to relieve pain. If we peered into your medicine chest, would we find aspirin?

No.  You’d find Advil Dual Action, it’s got acetaminophen and ibuprofen in the same pill.

9) Random question: You're at dinner with a married couple who begins to argue. Would you intercede and try to make peace? Or would you just sit back and mind your own business?

I’d try to change the subject to something we could all talk about.
 
 

 

Comments

  1. Shadow is gorgeous! I have a thing for tuxedo cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats do love boxes, don't they? Yours are even making good use out of one that's still shut!
    I didn't know about Advil Dual Action. I'll have to look for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 Same here, a co-worker suggested I apply for a job opening at the company.
    #4 My brother just adopted a senior dog from the shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Advil Dual Action is just what my doctor ordered (literally)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you could go anywhere tomorrow, don't come to California. We're expecting a hurricane, although I think it's considered a tropical storm right now. Let's just say we don't really know what any of those words mean, and we're not sure what to do with that information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the looks Duchess gives Shadow! If I were to choose a trip to any of the 50 states, I'd complain I couldn't choose a territory! I love Puerto Rico. Tropical (like Hawaii) but not crowds (like Hawaii). I can't think of any state I'd want to spend a vacation. I just tried very hard to think of one, and couldn't!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures of the cats trying to get along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. San Diego is girding up for a big hit from a hurricane, so you will have to keep a weather eye out for the next few days. Your cats are lovely! I want a cat but I think it's no more pets for us. If you stay in La Jolla you will see that it is one the most beautiful of the places here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday