Weeping

Internet friends are real friends. You can’t convince me otherwise.

We met on a message board 20 years ago, a group of Disney fans who love traveling to Florida for fun-filled vacations.   Back then the group would meet up, sometimes in Florida, sometimes closer to where many of us live.  It was nice to put a face to a name.

Now we all keep in touch via Facebook. 

The post I saw on Facebook today has me weeping for my friend.  Her husband  passed away unexpectedly.  She didn’t go into detail, but it sounded like there had been an accident.  

They have a seven year old daughter. 

Several members of the group are already arranging to send “something” to our friend.  Flowers for the funeral maybe, or perhaps a few meals so she and her daughter don’t have to worry about cooking.


Comments

  1. How very sad. Yes, internet friends are friends. I can understand your concern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Internet friends are friends, especially when there is a common interest. This is a wonderful thing for this group to do for one of its members. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for you lost. Internet friends are friends.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A