Music Monday

 And it’s a “your choice” week.


So how about … The Turtles!  Led by Howard Kaylan and Mark  Volman …also known as Flo and Eddie …


I had the pleasure of seeing them perform live many times, most recently as part of The Happy Together Tour.  But also there was a lunchtime concert at the old World Trade Center in the 1990’s.

Some of their best.

It Ain’t Me Babe


  

She’d Rather Be With Me


  

They recorded Eve of Destruction before Barry McGuire …



    

Elenore 



  

And who could forget Happy Together?


    


Howard hasn’t toured recently, but Mark is still doing the annual show.  And here’s howeach Happy Together tour ends …









Comments

  1. It was so good listening to the Turtles. I learned something today - I just read that Eve of Destruction was originally offered to the Byrds, but they rejected it. The Turtles decided to record it. The Turtles original seemed a bit more upbeat, somehow, than Barry McGuire's cover, but if you had asked me who did that song first, The Turtles would not have been someone I would have guessed. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin,

    The Turtles are a classic oldie. You might get a kick out of reading MessyMimi's Meanderings poem toward the bottom of her post inspired by the word turtle. She's a talented writer and I got such a chuckle out of this that I knew I'd have to pass it on to someone today. Thanks for hitting the dance floor with Monday's Music Moves Me. Have a boogietastic week, my friend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back in the day, everybody was living in the shadow of the Beatles and so many great groups never got the credit the deserved. The Turtles were a very good band and comes to mind only when someone else plays their music. Thanks for sharing this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday